Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My favorite salads.

I enjoy salads. And all of the salads I enjoy, there's one thing in common: eggs. It's either going to be in the dressing or one of the toppings. But today, I'm making a salad where egg is the star. I'm making egg salad!

For this you'll need:
8 eggs
2 tablespoons of mayo
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 of a medium onion, minced
Mustard powder to taste
Salt to taste














1. Place the eggs into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil until the eggs are hard boiled. This should take about 10 minutes, however this time will vary depending on a lot of factors.














2. In the mean time, begin by mincing your onion.





Start off by peeling back the onion's skin.
















Cut the onions into strips without separating it from the root.









Cut into small pieces.












3. Combine the minced onions, mustard powder, salt, and mayo.












4. When the eggs are done, move them to an ice bath and then peel them.


















5. Mash the eggs and mix with the ingredients. I like to add coarsely ground pepper to my egg salad.


A fork works better for mashing than a spoon. A special egg slicer works better than either of those things, but I've decided to use a fork since not everyone has a special egg sliver device.
















With the optional pepper added.













Now that you've got tasty egg salad, you can do anything with it. For today, I'm going to have to go with the sandwich option, with a big glob of ketchup:

No comments:

Post a Comment